List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] find messages hangs at sent folder in kmail
From:       bascule <asura () theexcession ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-01-03 2:21:50

hi anne,
to be clear about my problem, i'm using imap and just recently cleaned out my
home directory by renaming the old one and using a new one, so all local
kmail files are new, the sent mail folders that 'find messages' hang on are
ones that are specified in the advanced tab of an identity's settings, no
matter where in the folder tree the sent folder for an identity is, the first
one that occurs in the recursive search - 'include sub-folders' - causes
the 'find messages' to hang, and i have to restart kmail to get it working
again, sometimes twice. i have made brand new folders and made those into
sent folders, i have made sure the folder is empty; i'm not sure what you
mean by 'Find the folder that serves that particular sent-mail' the sent
folder for an identity should hold all mail sent by that identity no matter
what mail/folder was being replied to n'est-ce pas?
i've ssh'ed into the cyrus server machine and looked at the mail folders
directly, i can't see any problems though i admit i'm not sure i would know
if there were any.
the imap server is cyrus-imapd, i'm using altnamespace:yes and
unixhierarchysep:yes in my imapd.conf so that i can have more than just the
one 'inbox' top level folder.
there is the ordinary 'sent-mail' folder displayed just below the inbox and
the 'find messages' never hangs on searching that.
i would suspect that this was kmail/imap thing except i can't see why
searching for messages could possibly involve the status of a folder being
a 'sent' folder which is a kmail side only thing and not an imap thing, if i
remove all custom sent folders from my identities then searching works fine.
just to check i fired up thunderbird on a winbox and that gave no problems in
searching.
i find it hard to believe that i'm the only user to have custom identity sent
folders and who uses imap but it would be useful to hear that someone has
this combination and that searching does/doesn't work for them

bascule

--
"...you don't need to see my identification...i'm not the pirate you're
looking