List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       "E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-03 0:00:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 02 January 2008 17:11:04 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm not using a list at the moment, so I'm talking from memory.  Control
> your lists in kontact's address book.  On the Contacts screen, go to
> Settings > Show Extension Bar > Distribution List Editor.  I think that
> will give you the control you want.
>
> Anne

Unfortunately no. I defined a distribution list that way first, but it didn't
show up on the list that is displayed when you click the Select button next
to the To field of the new message window. The list that I saved as a
distribution list form the new message window isn't listed in the
Distribution List editor you mentioned either.

I hope I can make myself clear. Please experiment to do what I am describing
here. You will see that
1. it is not possible to see the lists created by address book from the new
message window when you click the Select button next to the To field
2. if you individually select the contacts from the list generated by the
Select button next to the To field and save them as a distribution list from
the Tools > Save distribution list from a new message window, then you won't
see it listed as a distribution list to edit in address book, although it
shows up next time you click the Select button next to the To field of
another new message window.

Is this a bug you think?

Hakan