List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Why is KMail so bad with GMail IMAP?
From:       Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas <gamaral () guillermoamaral ! com>
Date:       2007-11-28 20:32:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Jim Philips <philips_jim@bellsouth.net> writes:

> I am a big user of GMail, so I was pleased when they announced IMAP
> support. But with KMail (KDE 3.5.8), the performance is just awful. If I
> click on my inbox to view my mail, I get something like:
>
> "Retrieving folder contents... Please wait."

  I tried out GMail IMAP on KMail a about week ago and I found no real
 problems with the speed, I did find that if you move a message to and
 from Tags it disappeared... to another dimension perhaps.  But this
 also happened to a friend using Thunderbird, so it might have been
 something on Google's side.

   P.S. Please adjust the text wrapping in your Mail client
 [Thunderbird], your prior message contained two paragraphs in single
 long lines.

--
Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas (gamaral)
  Free/Libre/Open-Source Software Advocate & KDE Developer