List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Automatically filling the "to:" field?
From:       Chris Gow <sniffy () rogers ! com>
Date:       2007-08-29 15:41:09

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 11:24:35 Gurvan Huiban wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is it possible to fill automatically the to: field when starting a new
> email (based, for instance, on the folder currently open)?
>
> For instance: my email folder currently opened is the one associated with
> the kde-pim mailing-list. If I start a new mail, the To: field remains
> blank. It could be interesting to automatically add in the To: field the
> kdepim-users@kde.org address.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thank you,

I'm going to assume that you want this functionality for mailing lists. It's
pretty easy to configure:

- Select the folder in question
- Select Folder from the menu
- Select Mailing List Management
- Click the Detect Automatically button
- Stick with the defaults (or play around with the different settings)
- Click OK

Now the folder will be associated with a mailing list and by right-clicking on
the folder you will see an option called 'New Message to Mailing List' and a
hot key. Pressing the hot key will bring up a composer window with the to
field filled out with the mailing list address.

You may have to change the hot key combination to get it to something you
like. To do that, go into Settings > Configure Shortcuts from within Kontact.

hth

-- chris