List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Lost "Important" tags
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-29 20:49:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 05:51, Bogo Mipps wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007 07:19, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Those tags are stored in the index files. How did you transfer the
> > data? And what did you transfer?
>
> Ingo, could you please be a bit more specific?  How can I identify
> them?  The indexes were re-made, but presumably the tags themselves
> were stored elsewhere? I can't find any reference to them in kmailrc,
> so maybe they're somewhere else ...

The index files, e.g.
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap/.<some_number>.directory/.INBOX.index
contains the index of the INBOX of an IMAP account, are binary and the
important tags are just one bit per message in those binary files. If
the indexes were regenerated then the important tags are lost. Sorry.

The next time you migrate to another machine you should copy at least
everything in ~/.kde from your old to your new machine. In fact, I
always copy my complete home directory when I migrate to a new machine
and so far I never had any problems.

Regards,
Ingo