List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Appearance of OpenOffice document icons as
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-27 10:22:55

Hi Patrick,

Your question is best posed elsewhere -- probably on a SuSE support forum --
and not on this list, because this mailing list is for user questions related
to the PIM applications: KOrganizer, KMail, Kontact ... regardless, I'll try
to answer.

On Sunday 27 May 2007 04:06:11 Patrick M. Kelecy wrote:
> I just recently switched to openSUSE 10.2 (from Windows XP) and have
> noticed that OpenOffice documents appear as indistinct white squares when
> viewed in a folder window in Konqueror, rather than as the colorful icons
> I'm use to seeing in the Windows version.  I have openSUSE installed on two
> different machines  (different hardware, one 32bit and the other 64bit) and
> see the same thing in each.

One thing thay may be going on is previews; somewhere under settings (I don't
use Konqueror as a file manager myself) you can turn on or off previews of
documents. And under setttins -> configure konqueror -> file associations you
can go through the icons displayed for each filetype; my *.odt files display
a page with a blue header and some fake text, but there are other OOo
filetypes that have a boring icon. Click on the icon displayed to change it.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/