List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail is starting without a reason after login
From:       Jan Metzger <mailing () metweb ! de>
Date:       2007-05-23 18:06:34

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> normaly I use kontact for mail handling. Since about two weeks every
> now and then kmail starts before kontact (if kontact was running at
> logout time). If I stop kontact and kmail and log out and in shortly
> after, kmail starts by its own. in my .xsession-errors file i have
> found the following line:
>
> kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'kmail' from launcher.
>
> where does the request to start kmail come from?
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

I had a similar problem a while ago. The reason was that I use an IMAP
resource for the address book. This resource is also used in other programs
like kopete, so for example when your login session starts kopete, it will
access the address book and thus has to fire up kmail.

Hope this helps.

Jan