List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Status-line info
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-22 19:00:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 May 2007 23:29, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > Specifically:
> > > - During Email downloading, the progress bar appears. To the left
> > > of the bar is an arrow (arrow points up when dialogs are hidden;
> > > arrow points down when dialogs are not hidden)
> > > - Click the arrow (when present) to hide or unhide the progress
> > > dialogs...
> > >
> > > HTH,
> >
> > 'Fraid not - I just don't see this arrow.  Attached is what I'm
> > seeing. I've tried to click on the red X, and I've tried to click
> > on whatever it is that appears briefly to the left of the message.
> > Several times.  But I haven't managed to change the behaviour.
>
> Just for the record - I've just realised that it hasn't been doing it
> today - I'm back to a simple progress bar.  Something must have
> cleared when I shut down for the night.

The detailed progress window is off by default. So one way to disable it
is to restart KMail. Another way to disable it is to initiate an
operation that takes a few seconds e.g. fetching mail. Then the arrow
will appear and one has the chance to click on it. (Yes, it would be
better if it was always possible to disable it again.)

Regards,
Ingo