List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail expiry
From:       Jean-Philippe <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-21 3:14:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 20 May 2007 00:56, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I think the option currently called
> Exclude important messages from expiry
> would be slightly clearer if it said
> Never expire important messages.
> The latter wording doesn't give the impression that expiry is going on as
> strongly, though I'm afraid it sill gives that impression.

[Kmail 1.9.5 here]

I was afraid as well... Because Expiry "looks" like a global setting rather
than a Folder Property. But, Praise the Mighty Devs, it's not & you can, as
Anne said, assign individual expiries

Tested, tried, works. Learning everyday.

What"s this noise for then ? Well, for the "frightening" aspect: Move Expiry
to RMB-Properties, including 'never expire if' where I'd add 'contains
attachment' alongside 'marked as important'.

Some days ago there was this raging debate over Lean-&-Clean vs
I-Want-this-Feature; as a basic end-user, I tend to like Lean-&-Clean with
_all_  specific, individual parameters accessible via RMB & the Top Menus to
only address Global Settings. It may be too simplistic a way to draw the line
though, but prevents duplicates.

Jean-Philippe

--

Cheers... From Cambodia!

Han Solo:
	Watch your mouth, kid, or you're gonna find
	yourself floating home.

--openSUSE 10.2 / Enlightenment DR17--