List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Fwd: KMail + IMAP painfully slow
From:       Ross Boylan <RossBoylan () stanfordalumni ! org>
Date:       2007-05-19 3:28:08

On Friday 18 May 2007 10:28, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007 16:27, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
[Ross wrote]
> > > Yes, that's a simple one.  Anything useful I can do about the more
> > > general performance/responsive issues I encountered?  I'm not even
> > > sure how many distinct issues they involve.

[Ingo:]
> > I guess it would be helpful to collect those issues in a structured way.
> > Obviously, it's best if they only describe a single operation at a
> > time. If you feel like it you are of course welcome to dig into the
> > code.
>

> If time available to deal with this stuff were infinite,  or if I were a
> coder to begin with,  I probably would.  But apparently just being a _user_
> doesn't count...
The remark wasn't even directed at you, yet you seem to be taking offense.  I
didn't.  And I don't think the attitude is warranted; Ingo never said
anything about ignoring bug reports from users.  It is obviously difficult to
respond to bug reports that don't exist, and that making them does take time.
Ross