List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-05-16 11:14:07

On Tuesday 15 May 2007, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>On Tuesday 15 May 2007 21:00, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I am subscribed to a couple of lists through a gmail account, but
>> most through my dsl providers (vz) mailserver.
>>
>> I have kmail setup so I can send through either mail server.
>>
>> If I send a gmail intended message reply through vz by accident, very
>> easily done if you have 'sticky' enabledx, then the message is gone
>> forever, no bounce from the vz server, it never makes the mailing
>> list AND even worse, its not being saved in my sent mail folder
>> either!  It is totally sent to /dev/null somewhere.
>
>I'm sorry, but I have a very hard time believing this. After a message
>has been sent KMail moves it from the outbox to the identity dependent
>sent-mail folder (unless there are some filters telling KMail to do
>otherwise). Are you sure your sent messages are not probably filtered
>to some other folder than the sent-mail folder? Also check whether
>there's a wrong folder configured as sent-mail folder of your
>identity/-ies.
>

>Regards,
>Ingo

identity dependent sent-mail folder?  I have one 'sent-mail' folder, and so
far nearly everything I've sent, including the third such one that
disappeared and started this thread, but did show up in this sent-mail folder
several hours later (like about 8), so that msg has now been resent through
the correct mail server, in this case gmail.

Please explain this "identity dependent sent-mail folder", how to create and
link it correctly.  Or is it now documented in the help and I haven't read it
recently enough?  Remember, this whole corpus of email dates back to about
RH6.2 by a direct copy from the old maildir to the new one each time I've
updated.

Also, if I right click on a folder and then properties, it seems to me that
the second line should show the server it will use, but if it is the default,
it shows nothing, only if I have selected the "Gmail send" profile, or
another spam bypassing vz account alias, (which I should delete from the
sending portion as it is a invalid user to the vz server for sending) does it
show the sending servers profile name.  IMO it should at least show "default"
when queried in that manner.  And now, when I go back to verify that
statement, I find that if I select default, it now accepts it (it did not
yesterday and I tried it several times), and can now recall it.  I'm losing
it, this thing is making a liar out of me when the frogs are watching, but
that's fine if it will now show default for every mailing list related folder
where I'd subscribed via that particular server until _I_ change it.  All I
have to is go change them all (50 some folders) accordingly.

But what about this identity dependent sent-mail folder?  Should I create
another 'sent-mail' folder and set it to 'Gmail send' in the properties?  It
seems odd that kmail would even allow that since I already have a 'sent-mail'
folder.

Thanks Ingo.

--
Cheers, Gene