List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail's disappearing uitilities and menu items?
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-05-14 18:40:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 14 May 2007, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On May 13, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > On Sunday 13 May 2007 13:15, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> >> On Sunday 13 May 2007 6:01:29 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> Snip..
> >>
> >> Re Expire.

> >> I'll jump in here, but your looking to configure the expire on
> >> folders in
> >> Kmail right?
> >> You can do this "per folder" by:
> >> right click on a folder > choose expire and then adjust the
> >> settings from
> >> there..
> >>
> >> works perfectly here :) FC6/Redhat-3.5.6-4.fc6
> >
> > What I don't understand is why this was removed from "properties"
> > and put on
> > its own separate right-click-menu item?  When setting up folders,
> > I'd like
> > to be able to do all that I want to do at once,  rather than having to
> > navigatge all over the place.
> >
> > Why is it that "new message to mailing list" only shows up when you
> > right-click on that folder but _not_ when you click on message up
> > top like it
> > did before?  And why is "folder holds a mailing list" _only_
> > showing up as a
> > menu item from that top "folder" selection but not when you right-
> > click on
> > the folder and not under properties?
>
> I don't remember when it did this but I do know I've wondered why
> not, since that was where I'd expect it to be.

You do realise, of course, that you can set a toolbar icon for this?  Settings
> Configure Toolbars > Main Toolbar <kmail_part> > New Message to List.  You
can move it around on the toolbar, too, to suit yourself.

OTOH, I never use it.  Why?  Because under the main menu item 'Folder' there
is, as you remark, 'Mailing List Management'.  All messages in the kde-pim
folder are automatically replied to list, with manual change available if
required.

IMO it would be best if the main menu items were those that set defaults, such
as the HTML setting, with right-click choices for individual folders.  That
would seem a more logical grouping, to me.

Anne