List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail's disappearing uitilities and menu items?
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-05-13 19:00:08

On Sunday 13 May 2007, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>On Sunday 13 May 2007 19:54, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 13 May 2007, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
>> >On Sunday 13 May 2007 6:01:29 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >Snip..
>> >
>> >Re Expire.

>> >I'll jump in here, but your looking to configure the expire on
>> > folders in Kmail right?
>> >You can do this "per folder" by:
>> >right click on a folder > choose expire and then adjust the settings
>> > from there..
>>
>> Humm, so it is!  It was formerly part of the 'properties' of that
>> folder, and I fail to see a valid reason for moving it.  But if it
>> works, sobeit.
>
>The usability guys reviewed the cluttered folder properties dialog and
>one of the things they suggested in order to improve the usability was
>to move the expiry options out of the properties dialog to a dialog of
>its own.
>
>Regards,
>Ingo

Usability is defined by finding that menu item where its been all along, or at
least some sort of notifier in the old location to the effect that "Oh, this?
We moved it over there(description of there)"...

Also, since my previous post about a nearly blank taskbar, (only the kmenu
icon and those I had manually added previously survived the update & x
restart) I found the configure button and added most of it back plus a couple
other toys.  That leaves only one remaining question, the clipboard has been
moved out of the "system tray" so there is some extra junk due to its move it
separator bar on the left.  Minor quibble though.  And I think the dictionary
might be handy so I added that too.  I can live with this, many thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)