List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kpilot: memofile conduit write errors
From:       Philip Tuckey <philtuckey () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-04-30 21:30:06

Hi all, and especially Jason

kpilot's memofile conduit is giving me write errors when it copies a memo
from the PC to the handheld. A dmwrite something or other error pops up on
the palm and I have to soft reboot it. This is syncing to a Tungsten T3,
PalmOS v. 5.2.1.

I can install the same memo files using pilot-install-memo, no problem.

I have also tried syncing to pose running PalmOS v. 4.something. It doesn't
crash the palm, but memos copied to the palm get a couple of extra
characters of junk at the end.

I have had the conduit turned off for a few weeks, just turned it back on,
after updating to ubuntu 7.04. So don't know if the problem is new with
this version. Here is what I have in any case:

Version: KPilot 4.9.0 (deepsix)
Version: pilot-link 0.12.2
Version: KDE 3.5.6
Version: Qt 3.3.7

Also tried with a recent (but not completely up-to-date) checkout of the
3.5.5+ development branch, calls itself "rabid dolphin" or some such, and
got the same write errors.

Is this a known (and fixed) feature?

Thanks
Philip