List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] intermittent kmail/kdewallet problem
From:       Art Alexion <art.alexion () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-04-03 13:50:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

The strange thing here is that this problem is intermittent.  Sometimes -- not
always, and only recently -- when I start kmail and try to retrieve POP mail,
kmail can't open the wallet and prompts for the POP passwords.  I have tried
starting kwalletmanager manually, but this doesn't seem to help.  Only when I
send an SMTP message does it prompt me for the kwallet password.  From that
point onward it works fine.

Also, sometimes it works fine and opens the wallet on POP retrieval by itself.
This is a recent problem. AFIK, I have not updated KDE, kmail, kontact or
kwallet to cause the change.

kmail 1.9.5
kwallet 1.1
kde 3.5.5