List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] old style email aliases?
From:       David Chopp <chopp () northwestern ! edu>
Date:       2007-03-24 20:47:11

I have a question about using email aliases and kmail.  In the old days, email
aliases could be stored in a .aliases file with a format of "foo:
bar@company.com" so that I could type "mail foo" and the message would be
sent to bar@company.com.  For a long time I have wanted to do this within
kmail and have never figured out how to do it.  I would like to enter "foo"
in the "To:" box and have it resolve to bar@company.com.  A perfect solution
would allow me to easily use or adapt my existing .aliases file, but I'll
settle for something less than ideal if it works.  If it helps, I use
sendmail to do the mail handling, so is that where I should be looking?
Thanks in advance for your help.

David

David Chopp
Associate Professor
Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics
Co-Director
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Program
Northwestern University
E-mail: chopp@northwestern.edu
Phone: (847)-491-8391
Fax:   (847)-491-2178