List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kaddressbook 3.4.2: Disabling backup files?
From:       "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee () inka ! de>
Date:       2007-03-19 14:19:07

At Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:19:07 +0100,
Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Are there stability issues with kaddressbook?

That's what I did now.  The script does a bit more, namely it collects
all address books in a certain directory hierarchy.  From the
documentation of the script:

  Starts kaddressbook.  Before doing that, it creates a file pointing to
  all address books that can be found with "locate" and that are in
  $HOME/projects, plus an addressbook for new entries, $new_file.  After
  kaddress has finished, backup files created by kaddressbook are
  removed.  Unfortunately, as of kaddressbook 3.4.2, one cannot disable
  creation of backup files in the setup, nor can one change their
  location.

So, I'm satisfied now, aside from the problem with telephone search and
with the layout of default entry fields that seems to be primarily
targeted at home users.

--
Felix E. Klee