List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Pop Server issues
From:       Joao-Philippe <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-19 8:01:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 08 March 2007 03:43, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> The server responds with a 553 error code to the RCPT TO: command. I found
> several sources stating 2-3 possible causes: syntax error in recipient
> address, which isn't the issue, and that the server could not authenticate
> you in order to relay the mail (with some variations on these - depends on
> the server). Are you sure your server does not require authentication?
> Maybe your ISP authenticates you based on some other criteria (such as IP
> address or something), which might be set differently on the SuSE 10.2
> install? This is not likely to be the case, I think... but who knows?
>
> Ingo, what do you think?

I had the opportunity this week-end to try-out this with a sandboxed Slackware
11 install, and unfortunately I report the same (Well, Slack11 relies on
KDE3.5.4, there isn't much of a difference I bet.)

In the meantime, I checked again, in case the code on the server part was
getting corrupted: Well, no, outlook, evolution, webmail are used without
complaints by my colleagues. When you think I am supposed to be the Mail
Admin here, it's kinda funny. Sort of.

double-checked: port 25, name smtp2.phpnet.org, no authentication, no
encryption (SSL, TLS).

Any new input ?

Jean-Philippe.

--