List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Backup of maildir files
Date:       2007-02-26 19:42:24

On Tuesday 27 Feb 2007 IST, Dick Angus wrote:
> A question on ext3 versus VFAT: If I format the USB drive as ext3 (and by
> the way I would prefer that) can I still transfer stuff to my wife's
> MiniMac or a friends Windows system with that drive?

If this drive is going to be used at unpredictable places, i would still
recommend using vFAT as it is the most widely supported format. However,
there are drivers available for windows too that read write to an ext
filesystem.

But even with that i would not recommend using an ext filesystem on such
portable devices due to issues to can face with permissions. With the
backup drive/partition, it is a different story.
--
Cheers!
kitts