List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Backup of maildir files
From:       Dick Angus <RJA-Linux () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2007-02-26 18:21:40

It is VFAT. Never thought about that. Thanks.

Now, I've not used tar for backups before as several articles say it's
difficult to restore individual files from a tar backup. I was misinformed
about backing up maildir files so am I misinformed on the tar issue as well?

I suppose with an external drive like this I can use a tool like ARK to open
the backup, in place, and then select the files I want, true?

TIA guys - great support.

--
Dick - an old mainframer trying to get current.