List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot suddenly won't even detect the palm pilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-21 7:33:03

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 04:22, Yatin Mirakhur wrote:
> I just recompiled pilot-link 0.12.2, as well as the latest Kpilot version
> from source (rev. 635823). The problem persists. This would seem to
> indicate to me that the problem is not with pilot-link or with Kpilot.
>
> Is this some sort of a problem with the kernel itself not properly
> detecting the USB palm pilot? How can I test this?

Probably a permissions issue.

Kill kpilot and kpilotDaemon. Attach handheld. Hit HotSync button. Let sync
time out. Now look in /var/log/messages for the connect and detach; this will
tell you what devices were created. Now, hit HotSync again, use ls /dev or
similar to see that the device nodes are created. Let sync time out again.
Remember device name that is used. Type, but don't hit
enter, "pilot-xfer -p /dev/device-name-used --list"; hit HotSync button,
count to three, hit enter.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/