List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-20 23:01:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 00:59, Martin Bernreuther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just try to move eMails from a IMAP account (cachedimap, maildir)
> to my local folder (to save some space there) using
> KMail 1.9.6 (KDE 3.5.6 r25.2, OpenSUSE 10.2).
>
> For a simple folder, there's an entry in the RightMouseButton-Menu
> to move a folder to the local folder (below the "New
> subfolder"-entry). I didn't see an entry in the main menu (looking at
> the "folder"-section) and "drag and drop" seems not to be supported
> in contrast to moving eMails. The entry only offers to move such an
> IMAP folder to the local folder, but not to another IMAP folder.
>
> But...
>
> For a IMAP folder containing another folder, this RMB-Menu entry
> doesn't show up any more. (in contrast to such a folder within the
> local folder section)
>

> How do I move a tree from IMAP to local?
>

> Sorry, I know that I'm just to blind to see, so

You are not too blind. It is currently not possible. The reason for this
is lack of time. There were some problems with moving folders with
subfolders, i.e. the subfolders could be lost during the move.
Unfortunately, we nobody of the developers had time to look into this
problem. So following the "better safe than sorry" principle we decided
to disable moving of whole folder hierarchies from/to IMAP.

Just a few days ago, Volker has implemented moving folders with
drag&drop. I'm not sure whether he has also fixed moving of folder
hierarchies from/to IMAP, but I guess he did. This will very likely be
included in the next release, i.e. in KDE 3.5.7.

Regards,
Ingo