List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Do Kontact and motorola a1200 (motoming) sync?
From:       Elias Kesh <elias () kesh ! com>
Date:       2007-02-20 22:16:50

kitts <kitts.mailinglists <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Over the coming weekend, i am considering purchasing the Motorola 1200
> phone. I would like to know if this phone syncs with Kontact. I am looking
> forward to syncing addressbook, calendar, notes and hopefully mail too over
> bluetooth.
>
> I feel optimistic considering that the a1200 is a Linux/Qtopia based phone.

It's possible but it's not easy. Motorola has the permissions on pretty much
everything set so that the average person can not access it. I've had an A1200
for several months and am thinking about getting the new FIC phone. Completely
open source. http://www.openmoko.com/press/index.html

However, I have found this for syncing kontact with the A1200.
http://www.ohli.de/?J2MESync

Elias