List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot still broken in 3.5.6?
From:       Justin Nawrocki <justinnawrocki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-13 7:48:06

I haven't seen any of my own messages on the list archives, so I'm going to
post this again in case something is wrong.  I hope it goes through!

I said to Jan:

Crap, I apologize.  Looks like I screwed up the URL.  Here's where the
screenshot is:

(http://www.shock-e.com/temp/kontact_addresses.png)

Silly me.  Anyway, you can see that in any palm-based category, there are
these strange "question mark" characters.

I've been using the SJIS encoding, and tried others (there are two more for
Japanese, as well as UTF8 that I tried) and SJIS seemed to be the one that
got the most accurate Japanese on the PC side after sync.  I'll check out
more, though I admit I hesitate for fear of screwing up my
contacts/appointments.

Does anyone know if there's any debug/whatever output (or other method) to
check and explicitly see what encoding your palm is using??

Thanks!