List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Boyan Tabakov turned Green ! (PGP KGpg topic)
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-19 10:30:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

May I call all this Geeky?

Thanks for you both on these answers. I assume that even a yellowish key is a
proof of non-netbot activity, which is a first, good point.

I was kinda aware of the mess I could induce by sending an encrypted message
both to Boyan - of which I can "sign for" & the List, of which I cannot.

Now for the very gentle & mild flaming, OK: I know I should not "trust" you!
That's for testing purpose, and I was glad that Anne "turned Green" on my
screen, settings to Fully Trust. Later on, I tried giving Boyan a "Marginal"
trust, hoping that maybe a new shade of, what, orange maybe, would appear,
(testing/learning, Boyan, nothing personal!) but the guy is plain green as
well! :) Tried the same with Ingo, Green, same, messages displays "fully
trusted". I bet Colour of Trust here relates to Key validity from their full
web of trust.

One more on the Colour Scheme Topic: I did not set the "encrypt to self" so
indeed, my own message was not readable & turned Blue.

So much for the color scheme.

Working in Cambodia for a School of Circus means NO GEEKS AROUND ...err, I
mean: nobody else to my knowledge uses this feature, and for the very few
knowledge I got, I am still their best ressource in IT (How fast I forget
about Windows is frightening, though).

So much for the Web of Trust.

That was an interesting learning process, paranoia-wise. Remember I only
Point'N'Click, no terminal jobs for me, so yes, it's a can-do for the dumb
user.

Sure, I'll put this into practice as soon as I need it. And as soon as I learn
how to set it up under Gnome (failed already) & Windows (not a clue)...

I think I'll end up here - I'll only send another message to you Boyan,
encrypted & signed to see if I can decrypt it this time.

Cheers people. @ the moment, I don't feel like revoking your keys...

Jean-Philippe.

--

SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA

--

-for reference, didn't feel like breaking apart into this:--