List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kaddressbook printing styles (esp. "ringbuch")
From:       Bernd Gliss <bernd.gliss () mf ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2007-01-17 18:32:02

Am Samstag, 13. Januar 2007 23:56 schrieb Johannes Schwall:
> Hi all!
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find the printing style "Ringbuch" for
> kaddressbook? It was contained in SuSE Linux 9.3 (don't remember which
> versio of KDE it was ...) but it's not present in openSUSE 10.2 (which
> has KDE 3.5.5).
>
> Where are those printing styles stored? Might copying it from a 9.3
> installation do the trick?
>
> If copying does not work ... is there a way to create a style myself?
> I need a style that is more compact than the two enclosed in my KDE
> version. Perhaps it's some kind of XML file?
>
> Thanks for any hits!
>
> Johannes

I asked the same question some time ago.  At least you got an answer!

  Since printing styles in kaddressbook do not seem to be well supported, I
import addresses via .csv-files into OpenOffice, using the spreadsheet
generated as data source in OO's database access mode and generating
customized lists via OO's format facilities.
There is one little trick:  OO's SQL cannot access kaddressbook's
'categories' (e.g. 'family' etc.); however, this can be taken care of when
exporting to the .csv-file.

I hope this helps a little,  Bernd