List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Is it still a bug
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-10 0:35:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 8 January 2007 00:26, Mike wrote:
> I had this problem once in KMail 1.9.4 and KDE 3.5.4 since I upgraded to
> them in November. The previous versions had this happen very often. The way
> the problem looks to me is that KMail does not really freeze but it takes a
> very long time (>5 minutes) to respond to any mouse or keyboard event. This
> may be a different problem than yours, though.
>
> Mike

Agreed to that. My High-Tech workaround is to fire up the computer, then head
up for the coffee machine. Spares me nerves over the perpetual hanging of
Kmail when starting/downloading 13 (!) mailboxes & filtering them through
both Bogo & Spamassassin over a lousy 8kbit/s connection... Still, better
than Evolution though, so I stick to it (with an excellent blend of Coffee,
it helps) :)

Jean-Philippe.

--

SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA