List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot: Problems using "usb:"-device?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-05 12:40:35

On Friday 05 January 2007 10:35, Graham wrote:
> Martin Bernreuther <martinbern@web.de> wrote:
> > KPilot (KPilot 4.6.0 (blivit), pilot-link 0.12.1, KDE 3.5.5 "release
> > 50.1",Qt 3.3.7) showed "Connection established", but there was an
> > error message like "Could not read system information from the Pilot"
>
> Basically, you've found the incompatibility between pilot-link 0.12.1
> and KPilot in the KDE 3.5.5 release :(

Exactly. We *still* don't know quite what was the problem, only that working
with more recent KPilot versions is ok.

> The page indicates you have to have the latest version of pilot-link
> installed, so maybe this will act as a backup until the compatibility
> issues in KPilot have been resolved.

They are. Get KPilot sources from KDE SVN (instructions on www.kpilot.org) or
wait for KDE 3.5.6 or get the current Debian packages for KPilot / KDE PIM.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/