List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] How to do a mailing with Kmail?
From:       "Joshua J. Kugler" <jkugler () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2006-12-12 6:10:31

On Monday 11 December 2006 16:24, Derek Broughton said something like:
> On Monday 11 December 2006 16:28, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > mandag 11 december 2006 19:04 skrev Daniel Bauer:
> > > "Javier Arantegui" wrote:
> >
> > I think most of us run into this, once in a while, that bcc won't
> > really cut it - we need a valid too field, but also to ensure the
> > recipients privacy.
>
> OK, I'll bite - _why_ do you need the To field to be the recipient?
> The way most people I know do it is to just put their own address in
> To, and the list in Bcc.

One, their name in the To field is more personal, and two, some MTA's
drop mail that does not have the user's e-mail address in the To or CC
fields.  I dealt with this with AOL a while back...don't know if they
still do it.

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, Alaska -- ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD -- Count on it!