List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Connect a LifeDrive on KPilot
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-11-29 4:30:01

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 04:16, Graham wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:24:44 +0100
>
> "bruno.grimoldi@libertysurf.fr" <bruno.grimoldi@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am a new user of Linux, and I have a PDA LifeDrive (OS not MS !).
> > I want connect it on my PC, but KPilot begin the connexion but can't
> > finish. Could'you help me please ?
>
> There seems to be a problem with the "standard" version of KPilot
> available with most distros, hot syncing with anything above PalmOS
> version 4.
>
> My m515 works great with KPilot (providing the daemon is running!), but
> my Tungsten T (which uses PalmOS v. 5) does not.  I do not know the
> PalmOS version of the LifeDrive, but being a later model it probably
> uses a later version of the PalmOS.

Well, let's clarify...  The latest official release of kpilot (from KDE's svn)
works very well with all known palm devices, iff you use pilot-link 0.11.8.
However, many modern Linux distributions are (rightfully so) distributing
pilot-link 0.12.x, which has some major problems with the latest release of
kpilot.  The next-to-be-released version of kpilot (currently in kde's
kdepim-3.5.5+ branch and also codeyard.net's svn repository--see kpilot.org
for more details) works perfectly with pilot-link 0.12.1 (demands it,
really), and with at the very least the Treo 650 (my pda).  =:)  HTH.

> The standard answer is to compile the latest version of KPilot from
> source and see if that works, but as you are a new user to Linux, there
> may be difficulties with that.  I may be able to help if you let me
> know which distro you are using.

Yep, true enough.  Please report back to the list with some more info and
we'll see if we can help you get syncing.  =:)

--

 `
 ,