List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot App
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-11-29 4:24:33

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 04:31, Graham wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:33:34 -0600
>
> Jim Fiste <jfistesr@nconnect.net> wrote:
> > Just installed Xandros 4.0 Home edition.  The kpilot app does not
> > display the calendar icon; the calendar conduit is set correctly. Any
> > thing left to do??
>
> Make sure the Kpilot daemon is running :)
>
> Seriously, my experience of KPilot is that it syncs fine with anything
> using up to PalmOs v. 4, but over that you may have difficulties.  Its
> certainly not yet a stable application.

I guess that's your opinion.  =:)  I have a very different experience.  I've
been using kpilot for 2+ years now and have had very good success with it.
Particularly, the kpilot code from the codeyard.net repository (see
kpilot.org) works perfectly for me with my Treo 650 (definitely not a Palm OS
4 device).  I use it every day, at least 5+ times, and I'd call it one of the
most stable things on my KDE desktop.

--

 `
 ,