List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] In-line spellchecking not working in kmail 1.9.5
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-28 22:27:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 21:50, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 16:26, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > OK.  No, I didn't.
> > >
> > > Works now.
> >
> > Where is this 'Options', Scott?  I can't see it on mine.
>
> You only it in an open message window between View and Attach.  It took me
> a while to find it too.

Duh!  I was looking under Settings.  It's set to 'on' now, though.  It still
didn't seem to be working, but I tried what I had found to be successful in
the past - I ran the spell-checker.  When it had completed, the in-line
checking seems to be activated.  I don't know why this works, but under FC4 I
had to do it from time to time.

> > > I'd have been willing to be money that I tried Options/Automatic
> > > Spellchecker before, but not with ispell.  Mine was set to aspell.  I
> > > don't know if that makes any difference.
> >
> > I've found Ispell now, and got it set up, but it still isn't working, so
> > I need to find that menu item.
>
> It gets stranger though...
>
> Now it doesn't work again and if I try to got to Settings/Spellchecker I
> get iSpell/aSpell could not be started, please make sure they are in your
> path...

Curiouser and curiouser!

Anne