List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] script to exctract invalid/returned e-mail addresses?
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2006-11-26 12:51:34

Dear list-readers,

Is there a script or a program that can extract the failed addresses from mail
delivery error messages received and stored in a K-Mail-directory?

Details:

One one of my websites I offer a newsletter and file the addresses in a MySql
database after a "Confirmed Opt-In" or "Double Opt-In". Over the years there
are thousands of addresses and hundreds of them became invalid meanwhile. So
every time I send the newsletter I receive many error-messages. I filter them
to a separate directory, but then I have to copy/paste the addresses manually
to a textfile which I finally use to update my database.

This is quite a lot of unproductive work and I'd really like to have some
script or program that can filter out the failed addresses and write them to
a simple textfile which I can process further.

Because the error messages are very different depending on the mail delivery
software that responds I am not able to write such a script myself.

Thanks for any hints.

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch