List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Syncing problem (again)
From:       Ronny Standtke <Ronny.Standtke () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-10-29 22:17:50

Hi Jason,

> Hm.  Maybe you can stop by #kpilot on freenode's irc server at some point
> and we can see if we can help you.

Hmm, I will try someday but I must warn you: I didn't use IRC for 10 years and
I will most probably do some very stupid things there and make a fool of
myself :-)

> Where did you install kpilot from again?

From the svn trunk.

> Do you ever see any output from kpilotDaemon telling you that it's seeing
> the connection and trying to connect?

Yes I see this output. In my second-last mail I attached the log file. Here is
the interesting part:
--------
kpilot:      >processEvents
kpilot:      >acceptDevice
kpilotdaemon:      : Found connection on device /dev/ttyUSB1
kpilot:        >statusString
kpilotdaemon:      : Current status KPilotDeviceLink=DeviceOpen and master 14
kpilotdaemon:      : RomVersion=51392512 Locale=65536 Product=
kpilotdaemon:      : Reading user info @0x822ca60
kpilotdaemon:      : Buffer @0x822ca60
kpilotdaemon:      : Read user name Ronny Standtke
kpilot:      >processEvents
kpilot:        >detect
kpilot:          >close
kpilotdaemon:          : Closing sockets -1 and 10
--------

> Well, that's using pilot-xfer from 0.11.8, right?
No, pilot-xfer --version says "This is pilot-xfer, from pilot-link version
0.12.1"

> When does kpilot start going nuts on your CPU?  While it's trying to sync?

Yes, it is kpilotDaemon that eats my CPU when kpilot is trying to sync.

Greetings & Thanks

Ronny