List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail suggestions
From:       Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-05 10:15:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 4.10.2006 22:51, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Note, anyway, that it's already pretty dicey to let mutt or any other
> mail program read  KMail's local stores.  If they change any files,
> they mess with KMail's indexing.

True. That is why I have a separate folder where mutt will place incoming and
outgoing mail (I use KMail filters to move all these into KMail's folders,
when I start KDE). I can, however, read all my mail with mutt, without
messing up anything. And that's the idea.

If KMail gets a new backend, I will still be able to read new mail with mutt
and then import it into KMail storage. The one thing that will be broken is
reading my old mail with mutt. That is not *that* bad, since I could have
part of my mail stored in both KMail's database and a maildir directory.
After all I use mutt only when connecting remotely (that's on daily basis,
but... anyway chances are good that I won't need something too old to read).
An extra few megabytes won't be a big pain in the ass:)

So actually, now I don't see having a faster backend as a problem... I'll
manage to set up things pretty nice.

And faster KMail search IS going to be a major improvement!

--
Blade hails you...

Take my life if you have the heart to die
                              --Nightwish