List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Junk Filter is not working
From:       Pastor JW <jolson () gohighspeed ! com>
Date:       2006-08-16 15:59:25

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 10:04 am, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> I've never bothered to learn about ham, as I think it's a useless
> distinction.

Yes, I agree, it is just as discusting!

> I simply did as I said.  Deinstalled every spam filter, then installed
> Bogofilter and set it up using the KMail Wizard.  No messing with manual
> methods;  no thinking allowed.  Maybe y'all have an old non-functional
> Bogofilter installed.  Or maybe Ubanutu muffed it.  It works in Debian.
>
> I find no spam variables in KMail Settings.  I'd created a trash/spam
> directory.  In the Wizard I select Bogofilter, and check "Mark detected
> spam messages as read".  I check "Move known spam to: Local Folders/trash",
> and it goes into the spam subdirectory.
>
> I've attached my /etc/bogofilter.cf hereto, but I doubt it'll make it to
> the list.  My ~/.bogofilter has only the wordlist database.

Mine looks like yours so something must have gone right!  I had heard Spam
Assassin had been made non working in the Mandriva distro unless you typed
some command or other into your terminal.  Asked for a year but never could
find out the command.  In someone's warped mind the learn function in Spam
Assassin is turned off by default and I guess not able to be turned on.  The
command is a manual thing to do but I don't know where it ever gets any
information on what to learn!  There was some other "spam filter" GTX or
something like that on the machine but that did not work either so bogofilter
was found on http://rpmfind.net and installed.  It seems to work but the only
tool which ever really seemed to make a difference in the amount of spam sent
to your mailbox was kmail's bounce.  That worked so well it had to be
removed.  With 10.0, my mailbox was getting no spam at all!  It now gets
somewhere around 250 per week although with the filters in place I don't see
them.

--
73 de N7PSV      aka    Pastor JW     <n><
http://the-inner-circle.org