List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Treo 650 and KPilot
From:       Magnus Holmgren <holmgren () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-07-09 14:36:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 07 July 2006 03:05, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper took the opportunity to
write:
> On Thursday 06 July 2006 04:10, Jim McLaren wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > I think I am now getting somewhere. There is something wrong with
> > permissions. If I log on as root, the sync works just fine, as does
> > pilot-link, but as soon as I log on as a normal user KPilot reports the
> > device as not read/write. Running ls -l on /dev/ttyUSB1 shows it has
> > permissions of 660 with owner being root, and group uucp. This is no
> > different from the permissions on my SuSE 10 box EXCEPT there is a +
> > symbol at the end of the permissions on the SuSE box:
> >
> > crw-rw----+
> >
> > CentOS
> >
> > crw-rw----
>
> Hm.  I don't know what the "+" means.  And which OS are you saying that it
> does not work on?  SuSE 10?  Of all OS'en, I would expect the SuSE machine
> to work.  Anyway, do you belong to the uucp group?  If not, try adding
> yourself to that group (sudo vigr), logging out (or just reboot) and
> logging in again and then try syncing again.

The "+" means that there are additional permissions in the form of an ACL,
which can be viewed with getfacl and changed with setfacl, provided those
tools are installed.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)