List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Treo 650 and KPilot
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-07-07 1:05:03

On Thursday 06 July 2006 04:10, Jim McLaren wrote:
[snip]

> I think I am now getting somewhere. There is something wrong with
> permissions. If I log on as root, the sync works just fine, as does
> pilot-link, but as soon as I log on as a normal user KPilot reports the
> device as not read/write. Running ls -l on /dev/ttyUSB1 shows it has
> permissions of 660 with owner being root, and group uucp. This is no
> different from the permissions on my SuSE 10 box EXCEPT there is a + symbol
> at the end of the permissions on the SuSE box:
>
> crw-rw----+
>
> CentOS
>
> crw-rw----

Hm.  I don't know what the "+" means.  And which OS are you saying that it
does not work on?  SuSE 10?  Of all OS'en, I would expect the SuSE machine to
work.  Anyway, do you belong to the uucp group?  If not, try adding yourself
to that group (sudo vigr), logging out (or just reboot) and logging in again
and then try syncing again.

HTH!

--

 `