List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Inline images
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-29 9:01:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 01:50 schrieb Kevin Gilbert:
> Hi Ingo,
>
> Thanks for your reply. But, as always, there is another question. Are
> there plans for KDE4 to address this?

I'm sure Edwin (who introduced the current support for creating HTML
messages) would love to address this issue. In the end it depends on
the existence of an editor component supporting embedded images. The
standard editor component of Qt 4 (QTextEdit) seems to have some
support for it, so hopefully we/Edwin'll be able to implement this.

IIRC then QTextEdit doesn't have support for tables, so unless we make
use of Quanta's HTML editor, adding table support will be impossible.

There have been plans for making it possible to switch between different
editor components, but as much too often the developer working on it
ran out of time and lost interest.

So the answer to your question is: Don't give up the hope, but don't
hold your breath either.

Regards,
Ingo