List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] problem with vcal conduit in kpilot
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-06-28 13:49:50

On Monday 26 June 2006 23:23, George Bourozikas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have what seems to be a kpilot/korganizer issue.  My setup is:
>
> device:          Treo 650 (latest firmware)
> system:          Kubuntu Dapper
> kernel:          2.6.17 from Edgy - I had the usual issues with
>                                   - 2.6.15 but they all "went away" (TM)
>                                   - with 2.6.17
> pilot-link:      0.12.0-pre4
> kpilot:          KPilot 4.9.0 (depth9) from SVN
>
> All other conduits sync as expected except for the vcal conduit.  It claims
> that it cannot open the calendar databases:

That's weird.  I also am running the latest kpilot from svn on a kubuntu
dapper system, using 2.6.17-rc6 on my powerbook with nary a problem.  Hmmm.
Do you have anything in your datebook (i.e. is it non-empty)?  If this is
your first time getting this set up, I would recommend enabling only the
calendar conduit, and then doing a one-way sync (copy from XX to XX), in
whichever direction makes sense for you (copy HH to PC if you have an
existing calendar on your treo or copy PC to HH if you have existing data on
your computer).  Note--don't do this if you have data you don't want to lose
on both sides....

Also, in general, it's best to not use the default "standard resource" radio
button, but instead pick the calendar file manually....

Failing all this, if you can share the data that you have in your calendar
database on your palm, it would be best if you could submit a bug report at
bugs.kde.org and add an attachment with your datebook database.  Actually, it
would be best all around if you could open a bug report whether or not you
can attach your datebook database.  =;)

--

 `
 ,