List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kalendar and Palm
From:       George Bourozikas <george () bourozikas ! net>
Date:       2006-06-28 13:42:44

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 07:12, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> Adriaan
>
> thanks so much for your response.
> Ofcourse, you are right: in open source its always relying on people
> taking up a job.
>
> My question was not a complaint about Datebook not handling multiday
> appointments but rather hwo users deal with the situation of
> Datebook-kpilot-or whatever. Basically, when using the birthday
> resource and multiday appointments in korganizer, after synching, I
> have duplicate birthdays and multiday appointments have been changed
> to recurrences on the KDE side.  Do people just live with this? Or
> how do folks handle this? perhaps by going to kitchensync?
>
> greetings
>
> Eildert

I have come to have an intuitive understanding of what "might" break
compatibility and I make all such changes on the Palm side - KPilot seems to
do the right thing at sync time.  This is most often the case when I change
one occurrence of a repeating event.  I don't use birthdays though.

I don't know if kitchensync is ready for prime time yet; I am mostly happy
with the Kpilot<->Kontact interaction, despite small annoyances like those.

--george

P.S. Right now I cannot sync the Datebook at all but that's another story -
probably something silly and obvious that's loughing at my face as we speak.