List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Exporting kmail emails?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-27 21:40:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 22:47, Brian wrote:
> Is there a way to export my emails from kmail?

You can save all messages in a folder by selecting all messages (Ctrl+A)
and then saving the messages (Ctrl+S). The messages will be saved in a
so-called mbox file which all email application should be able to
import.

Exporting all messages in one go is not possible. But KMail uses two
standard formats to store the folders, either mbox or maildir. A good
email application should be able to import both formats. So all you
have to do is point the other email application to where KMail stores
the folders, i.e. either ~/Mail or ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail.

If you'd explain why you want to export your messages then I could
probably give a better answer to your question.

Regards,
Ingo