List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kmail draining my system
From:       Janus <lister () janus ! dk>
Date:       2006-06-05 21:40:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I run SUSE 10.0 with KDE 3.4.2 and I am very happy about it, except one thing: From \
time to times my system gets very slow: The machine does not freeze, but everything \
respond very slow.

A 'top' shows that Kmail is the one using the largest amount of memory and CPU. When \
I quit Kmail the system will get back to normal and everything (including Kmail) \
works just fine. The same happens if I just let the PC alone for a while. But the \
problem it is very annoying and I do not understand what's up. So:

1) How can I tell what Kmail is doing when it eat that many resources?
2) What can I do about it?

I have a somewhat large ~/Mail - 2,6 GB (all in maildir format). But it was
never a problem with SUSE 9.1 (KDE 3.2).

Suggestions?

SuSE 10.0 (fresh install with all patches).
KDE 3.4.2,
Kmail 1.8.2
P4-2,6Ghz, 512 MB RAM.

Janus