List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       Gurvan Huiban <gugs.ml () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-05-19 18:16:34

On Friday 19 May 2006 14:21, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > Which is exactly what I already wrote much earlier in this discussion,
> > but this answer didn't seem to be satisfying. Sigh.
>
> sometimes it takes a few different people saying the same thing in
> different ways for a concept to really become comprehensible. human beings
> are weird. =)

I actually found the explanation of Aaron more convincing and clear than the
explanation of Ingo (I do not intend to offend anyone). I also would like to
thank you for the time you dedicated to answer our questions.

Finally (correct me if I am wrong), the softwares that allow the user to use
procmail (mutt, some imap server, and so on) decided to choose the "other"
solution to avoid synchronization problems (that is not to rely on an index
file and reparsing the folder/mailbox each time it is open). Is that correct?

It would answer the "why mutt can and Kmail can't"? ;o)
(no troll intended - different developpers make different technical choices,
resulting in different possibilites/performance/and so on. When the user
don't know what are the technical choices made - or sometimes don't even
realize that there is a technical choice somewhere - it may be frustrating
not to understand why soft A can't do what soft B can, or reciprocally)

Thank you!
    Gurvan Huiban

     "My mother used to make coffee this way...
       Hot...
        Strong...
         And good."    (from "Once upon in the West")