List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Has anyone gotten Palm T3 to work in bluetooth
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2005-09-29 14:03:31

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 09:39, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2005 08:48, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> > Has anyone on this list gotten bluetooth to work with a Palm Tungsten T3
> > yet? I haven't tried it yet (don't have a bluetooth dongle yet) but
> > wonder if there are any special requirements.
>
> Not that I know of.
>
> > I'm thinking that since the usb connection seems to be somewhat
> > temperamental, I would use bluetooth instead if that is possible.
>
> If USB is temperamental, I wouldn't expect anything better from BT, since
> none of the developers have BT devices, nor has anyone ever really offered
> assistance (which basically means: you have a device and want to do some
> C++ mucking about).

I did find this: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8185.  And I could have
sworn I ran across somebody's blog in the last week claiming success with
bluetooth, Palm, and Linux (don't remember if it was us or the GNOME boys),
but I can't find it now.

I can echo Adriaan's comment above, though....  If someone were to graciously
gift me a Treo 650, I'd pretty much guarantee that kpilot would work as
smoothly as possible with it.  =;)

--

 `
 ,