List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact - NewsTicker
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-30 12:11:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 11:03:11AM +0100, AlanCocks wrote:
Hi Alan,

> 1) sources  for example, dot.kde.org and efilmcritic seem to be
> displayed ok (2 items each), but when I then also add superhits.ch  and
> nothing is shown in the newsticker pane at all.
Some of the predefined services doesn't work any longer or have changed
to another format which is not supported by librss.

> 2) add new feed:
> how is this done? I see the new news feed facilty, but do not know
> anything about how to find new feeds on the web. One type I would like
> to use is a weather information (UK, europe) feed. Is this possible, and
> how please?
You have to type in a name (you can choose one like 'UK/Europe Weather'
and the URL to rss feeds which should be listed on the website.

I know this stuff is really difficult to use atm, but Frank promised to
factor out the rss stuff from akregator, so that we can remove dcoprss
and use the feeds from akregator instead.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Councile of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!