List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kde3.4: calendar on imap folder through kmail
From:       Martin Fahrendorf <fahrendorf () helix-gmbh ! net>
Date:       2005-05-23 10:28:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2005 09:06 schrieb Till Adam:
> On Friday 20 May 2005 08:03, Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
> > >
> > > Note that starting with KDE 3.4 you have to use an account of
> > > type "disconnected imap" for the groupware functionality to work.
> >
> > Is there soewhere in the net a documentation about the advantage
> > and disatvantage of disconnected imap against normal imap?
>
> Might I humbly refer you to the interview they did with me on the dot
> yesterday? I think there I've explained it reasonably well. Feel free
> to ask if something remains unclear.

So I understand the difference of disconnected impa and plain imap. But
what is the reason to force the use of disconnected imap for using
groupware functionality?

As an example: On our company (and at my home server) the fileserver
(where the home dir lives) and the mailserver are identical. So, if I
want to use groupware functionality, kmail have to copy all the mails
(with all those mailing list they get up to about 1 Gig) from the
server to my home dir. The question is why? I see the advantages for
road warriors, but for the others?

> Cheers,
>
> Till

BTW: KMail is a realy nice app