List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Disappearing mail
From:       Chris Gow <sniffy () rogers ! com>
Date:       2005-01-13 21:53:08

On January 13, 2005 04:38 pm, Chris Nicol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know there are several questions in my original mail, but this one about
> filters is really bugging me.
>
> 1. Anyone know how to import filters from Evolution?
> 2. Where are the filters stored in Kmail? I need to copy them to another
> machine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
I don't think there is a tool/wizard built in to kmail that will import
evolution filters. But after taking a quick look at my old evolution
configuration it appears that evolution stores their filters in an XML file
(this is for evo 1.4.x).

Kmail (1.7.1) stores its filters in $HOME/.kde/share/config/kmailrc which is a
text file. What you could do is write an XSLT to convert the evolution
filters into something that kmail understands.

Unfortunately, I only have one evolution filter so I can't supply you with an
XSL that would be complete. If you want I could help you out with creating
one (I know some XSL). It might take some time though as I don't have
evolution installed and I have very few kmail filters :)

Actually, if there isn't a wizard import tool for evolution filters, maybe
this could be a start?

I hope this answers your questions or gets you pointed in the right direction.

-- chris