List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot deleting appointments/tasks
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-07-19 13:59:28

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Lars wrote:
> kpilotConfigWizard_base3.lo dbSelection_base.lo kpilotConfigWizard_address.lo
> kpilotConfigWizard_notes.lo kpilotConfigWizard_vcal.lo -lkio
> -lpisock ../lib/libkpilot.la libconfiguration.la
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lreadline
>
> I have installed pilot-link version 0.11.8-10 Debian unstable with the Debian
> apt-get which worked fine. There is no pilot-link-devel package in the
> archives.

This is actually a packaging / programming error in pilot-link. The best
solution here is to edit the libtool archive for libpisock (probably
/usr/lib/libpisock.la) and remove the -lreadline from there. This problem
affects debian worst, but it is reported to show up elsewhere as well.

Alternatively, you could massage the link line to actually _find_ readline
- one extra -L, probably.

I'm sorry, but troubleshooting Linux is _not_ my specialty, so some of
this stuff you'll just have to figure out yourself - if you tell me
afterwards, I can stick it on the kpilot site.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE