List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: problem creating kpilot from the source
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-07-14 20:48:14

Tadek wrote:
> I use debian sarge and using KPackage manager I ensured that latest
> libqt-mt is installed.
> Current version of kpilot is using:
>
> tad@lc2430:~/pilot/kdepim$ ldd /usr/bin/kpilot
>         libkdefx.so.4 => /usr/lib/libkdefx.so.4 (0x40838000)
>         libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x40865000)
>         libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x40f23000)
> And I do have libqt-mt.so.3.2.3 installed as well.
>
> So my ignorant question is what do I need to do for configure to find it.

Sure, you have the library itself installed. But in order to compile
applications that use that library, you also need to install the -dev package
(with debian sid that would be libqt3-mt-dev, I guess it's the same with
sarge). Otherwise the linker (that's the application that puts together
several files to the final executable) does not have all the information
available to actually find all functions that are provided by qt.

Cheers,
Reinhold